Posts by Inna Decheva:
Before going to aspects that lead to septic system failure, it’s essential to understand what a septic system is. Most individuals know very little on their septic system. One of the reasons being; individuals from suburban and urban areas have sewers, which carry their household waste to sewage treatment plants.
However, in rural areas, septic systems functions as treatment and sewer plant. Household waste is disposed through the septic system. Proper management of the septic system is vital due to property value, ecology and health.
Management practices for a long lasting Septic System
- Having the septic tank pumped out two or three years down the line. This is to remove accumulated scum and slurry, which can reach the tile fields causing blockage. This eventually results to malfunctioning of the sewage system and costly repairs. This method ensures that you have a long lasting sewage system.
- Do not flush any hazardous chemicals for instance, thinners, vanish, photographic solutions, waste oil, paints and pesticides
- It’s always wise to practice water conservation.
- Utilize detergents and soaps that have low levels of phosphates, majority of automatic dishwashing machine, use detergents that have high concentrations of phosphates.
- Commercial septic tank additives are not recommended and are not necessary
- Sewage system requires a good grass cover, sunlight and ventilation; don’t plant trees and shrubs over sewage systems. However, trees or shrubs that are planted in between the sewage system and water course are beneficial.
- Don’t flush dental floss, disposable diapers, sanitary napkins, cigarettes butt, grease, paper towels, kitty litter, coffee grinds and fat.
- Divert roof drains, sump pump and surface water away from the sewage system.
- Do not allow vehicles, which includes ATVs and snow machines to either park or drive on your sewage system.
- Ensure that you’re alert of warning signs such as; sewage back-up into the house, sewage surfacing over the tile field, slow draining toilet or other drains, greener grass or mushy ground and sewage odors.
Bacterial deficiency and lack of sludge removal can result to build up leading to overflow. It’s therefore recommended to check the labels to see if the products are septic safe for your system. As most home care products destroy bacteria essential in septic systems.
During the winter season, millions and millions of homes rely on furnaces to keep themselves warm. Maintaining your furnace system ensures; that it’s functional and efficient throughout the cold season. However, there are cases where an emergency furnace repair will be required; this includes the following.
Reasons For Emergency Furnace Repair
The furnace isn’t working
In the event that your furnace system stops working, reset the circuit breaker which runs the system. If it’s still not working and you’re stuck in a house, which keeps getting colder due to the low outdoor temperatures; then it’s time to make an emergency call to an expert to have the issue fixed.
Your carbon monoxide alarm keeps going off
In case you have the carbon monoxide alarm going off every time you turn on your furnace, then it’s a likely indication that you have combustion issues. Your furnace could be emitting dangerous chemicals. If this is the case or you can smell sulfur, turn off the furnace, snuff out candles and contact an emergency repair service ASAP.
The unit is making loud and unusual noises
Having noises coming out of your furnace is not unusual, particularly when you’re turning it on the first time. However, if you’re hearing squeaks or loud pops either for an hour or more, then you ought to get it serviced immediately. The noises are an indication that the components of the system have become loose or are malfunctioning. If you ignore the problem it will only get worse, which will result to severe damages.
If you notice any of the mentioned problems above, ensure that you get in contact with an emergency service team as soon as possible. Getting an emergency furnace repair helps you to avoid a lot of damages that can result. Not to forget getting back your furnace system working efficiently during the cold season.